top of page


Our firm accepts legal aid certificates for family law (domestic) proceedings before the courts, which includes private disputes between individuals undergoing separation or couples who have not lived together but, who have children.

To see if you qualify for legal aid (government assistance) to cover part or all of your legal fees contact Legal Aid Ontario (LAO) ( and complete the financial eligibility test.

Once you receive approval you will be granted a certificate. Your certificate gives permission to lawyers to work on specific issues (as agreed upon by yourself and LAO) and for a specific time allotment.

Certificates for domestic matters are granted for custody, access and support.

Please contact our firm if you are in possession of a legal aid certificate. We would be happy to answer your questions to determine whether we can assist in your legal proceedings.

Image by Scott Graham
Legal Aid: Practice Areas
bottom of page